Skytown’s preschool classroom is big and bright, with many different areas to explore. Every day there are new activities to intrigue and challenge preschoolers of all ages. Activities are designed to be multifaceted, so that children at a younger developmental stage can be just as absorbed, though learning different skills, as those getting ready to enter Kindergarten. For most of the day, children may move at will between indoor and outdoor activities, and from project to project as their learning style directs them.
- Open to children aged 3 years to kindergarten-ready.
- Enrollment limited to 24 children per day, under the direct supervision of two Teachers and assisted by member parents.
- Program hours from 9:00am to 1:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Extended hours available 8:00-9:00 and 1:00-3:00.
- Children may attend 3, 4, or 5 days per week.
- Parent participation is calculated as 1 day for each 4 days of child’s scheduled attendance.
Preschool Program Amenities:
- Stimulating classroom with age-appropriate stations including a painting area, dramatic play section, reading corners, and sensory exploration station.
- Large outdoor play space with play structure, sand area, playhouse, riding and push toys.
- Activities include special theme projects, cooking projects, seed planting and gardening, nature walks, and holiday celebrations.
- Field trips are offered to nearby locations and are related to classroom themes.
A note on diapering:
Skytown understands that all children learn and develop at their own pace. We are happy to assist each child in his or her toilet-learning process.