Skytown offers the only licensed cooperative toddler program in the state of California. It is an intimate setting for children 18 months to 3 years old with a ratio of one adult for every three children.
- Open to children aged 18 months to 3 years.
- Enrollment limited to 12 children per day under the direct supervision of the Lead Teacher and assisted by member parents.
- Program hours from 9:00am to 1:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Extended hours available 8:00-9:00 and 1:00-3:00.
- Children may attend 3, 4, or 5 days per week.
- Parent participation is calculated as 1 day for each 3 days of child’s scheduled attendance.
Toddler Program Amenities:
- Separate classroom with furniture and activities appropriate to toddlers.
- Separate outdoor play space with play structure, sand area, playhouse, riding and push toys.
- Age appropriate activities including art projects, music, manipulatives, sensory games, books.
- Healthful snack provided each morning.
We have three enrollment entry points during the school year:
- Fall – the start of our school year (usually the last Thursday in August)
- Winter – January (application needs to be submitted by early November and spot offered and accepted by December 1)
- Spring – May, provided that the child will be attending through the summer and continuing in the Fall
A note on diapering:
Because the Toddler Program is for the younger ages, most children are still in diapers. We are happy to assist children with their toileting needs and to help them as they begin their toilet learning process.